View Single Post
Old 12-16-2023, 03:25 PM   #813 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I'd say the best thing to do if you don't need a car today is to continue to wait for the market to stabilize.
And meanwhile try to convince everyone I know to buy the kind of car I want in 3 to 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I disclose everything when selling a car. Honor is not something to sell for a couple bucks. When I say you'd want to sell just before a major problem, I mean you would retain honor because you didn't know a problem was coming... and that's "the problem". Not knowing when something will malfunction prevents you from knowing precisely when to sell, but then if you were aware of a developing problem, you would be responsible to divulge that knowledge.
So sell before you know there are any car problems, and also buy right before anyone is aware that a pandemic is starting. Got it!

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

I found this interesting. Basically cars tend to lose value, but the pandemic has changed how much they normally do. According to this video the return to normal used car prices may be a lot longer away than many people think due to manufacturers seeing benefits in selling fewer cars than previously (kind of like the title of this thread points out).

At the end of the video a guy makes a comment that there is an emerging need in the market for cheap new card to be produced, and he felt that whichever manufacturer that decides to step up to that plate would probably do very well.