View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 01:52 PM   #315 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
LE for mpg or a higher trim? Curious why AWD?

An LE FWD 5th gen Prius is on the list for my wife and I after our current cars die....but I don't anticipate that happening for another 7-10 years yet. Hopefully by then prices and supply have gotten better.

Space in the new Prius isn't an issue for us - my Prius C has plenty of room and the new Prius still has more; we both could sleep in it if necessary and I've hauled an 8 foot dresser and multiple 6 foot bookshelves (not at the same time) in it with no problem.
Just the LE awd. Better mpg and I HATE LEATHER SEATS with a passion. Not to mention smaller wheels are cheaper to change. I’ll probably downsize the wheels from the 17 oem to 16 inch wheels for better mpg and cheaper tire changes

I want awd for better traction on hills. There’s been a few scenarios where I’ve almost gotten stuck with my Ioniq front wheel drive

One was with Winter tires which are amazing, but I was leaving a ski resort on a steep incline and the car in front of me stopped. I had to stop too. But when trying to get going again, my front wheels couldn’t get enough traction so someone had to help push me to get momentum to keep going. Awd with winter tires would’ve fixed that.

A few dirt road instances have been issues

And the worst was the past summer. I was going up a really steep and dry dirt BLM road during wild fires in southern Oregon and my front tires started spinning and skidding in place in a few spots. There was no service to call for help and no one was around to even help. Could’ve gotten stranded but luckily I got some momentum going to make it past the slippier parts

Also, the awd version is a quarter second faster at 0-60 so I guess extra bragging rights? Idc about speed though but it’s a cool
Plus