View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 12:49 PM   #193 (permalink)
BlackGold6.4
EcoModding Lurker

Location: North of the 55 parallel Mb Canada 740kms(500miles)north of Winnipeg
My ideas for aerodynamics on a 2014 Ram 2500

Here is a sketch of my ideas for my Ram truck. We do a lot of exploring on trails in the vast bush where we live and where we go, so it's important to have these ideas removable. The approach, break-over and departure angles are important.
Because we live so far north the amount of highway miles to get to anywhere is long. For example 8 hrs non stop to Winnipeg or 9 hrs to Saskatoon or 2000 kms to Texas as the crow flies. 3 days drive to get to where my family lives in Ontario or 2 days to get to where my daughter lives in Alberta. So the goal here is to get better fuel mileage and camp where we go to save money, because a hotel cost more then a tank of fuel just for one night.
The swing out pup on the back is very similar to one we used a few years back that I think gave us better fuel mileage and held all of our camping gear, it was so convenient. It didn't come higher than the tailgate and tapered back with a smooth finish. Plus we had a tonneau cover that held all the other gear and then some. The one I have planned when swung open will give us access to the spare tire, recovery gear and other storage. Also a drop down table in conjunction with setting up camp.
The cap on the back will be some more storage and a pop-up sleeping area with canvas sides and back extended tent area to house a shower and porta-potty when required. The back area will also be easy to set up for a kitchen with access to fridge and all gear required for cooking.
Looking forward to some input from you guys and also refining these ideas, please feel free to give me your thoughts or ask any questions to help understand more.

BlackGold6.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240104_105817_018.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	34462  
aerohead (01-06-2024)