View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 11:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Ostensibly the purpose is to reduce global CO2 emissions. How is enriching used car dealerships accomplishing a global CO2 reduction? 95% of all good intentions are a product of profound ignorance, or profound corruption.
CO2 reduction is a debateble topic, one that requires more evidence than armchair science.

Also, if the only thing this does is enrich dealerships then that would mean it hasn't affected the sale of EV's. Are you sure that without the federal tax credit and all the different state incentives that the same number of EV's would have sold in the USA to date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Demonstrate that, and I'll partner with you at an agreed upon percentage of profit to purchase every new Bolt in the US, with a different "purchaser" for each one.

I used to arbitrage back when the internet was relatively new, and a fantastic margin would be 25% ROI. At 100% margin, I'd arbitrage like crazy.
Bolts are out of production. This is perhaps the last sub $30,000 Bolt out there.

Why don't you demonstrate your point instead? And would you plan that we transport those few Bolts from the East Coast to Colorado and still make a profit?

The Avalon I bought out of state because I could get it for $10,000 cheaper in Florida or Texas. There wasn't a single one for under $25,000 in Colorado at the time, just like there aren't any Bolt's for under $35,000 here in Colorado either.

I'd say it's cars in general are cheaper outside of Colorado. We could just import any car into Colorado and make money if you could legally do that without a dealership license.

I also didn't mind driving an Avalon from Texas near where my brother lives during my vacation time. I don't think it would be worth it for making a few extra bucks.