View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 12:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
That's what I'm saying. There's some chance you're the only person to have figured out this once in a lifetime arbitrage opportunity, or there's some flaw in your plan.

I do hope you've uniquely discovered this, which is why I offer to partner with you.

... I bought 2 EVSEs that should have been free after utility incentives which met every one of their stated criteria, but they didn't give me any money because they decided there's extra criteria. I could probably sue them and win, but it's not worth my time.

If you got a $12,500 Bolt EV, everyone would do it after proving it's possible. I'd do it x1000.
I'm not really interested in going accross country to buy a $12,500 EV in the middle of winter. I've told quite a few people around here, many of whom say they'd be interested in an EV, and at best I was told that if the brand new EV were under $5,000 total, they might consider it.

Everything is expensive here. Our health insurance just went up $400 per month. Maybe if I moved to another state as many have said then I'd have the time and money to get a $12,500 brand new EV. But if I did that I wouldn't have the Colorado incentive.

I'll wait until I need a car before trying to go buy one again.