View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 05:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
So as it stands now, if I understand this correctly:
  1. You go to a dealer and they have you fill out a form to get the tax credit as a point-of-sale.
  2. But you must say that you will make enough to owe the $7,500 while not making too much (which is like $150,000 for an individual, or $300,000 for a couple). Which basically means you'd probably should have qualified on your last year's taxes if you want proof.
  3. If you end up not working that much the year you get the EV there's a chance the IRS may pardon your error granted you had truely thought you were going to make enough. Again, you probably should have some sort of proof of that, like having made that much the year before, or there's still a chance the IRS won't care and they'll demand you give them back the tax credit.
Pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
Everything is expensive here. Our health insurance just went up $400 per month. Maybe if I moved to another state.....
Health insurance is priced by zip code and can vary wildly in cost even within a state. I've been paying close attention to that as we decide what address we will officially call home when we retire and start a nomadic lifestyle.