View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 01:43 AM   #179 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,711 Posts
My sister had someone haul off the wood I bought to build that wheelchair ramp.

My family bends over backwards trying to blame me for everyone and people here do mental gymnastics to [checks notes] blame me for everything.

I passed my classes with grades between 80 and 90, but Mom told me she was moving out and putting my brother in a group home when I had hours to finish my research project.

I had felt confident, but it took forever.

I woke up at 02 on Sunday and tried to work on it all day until 2300.

I think that was for the last 30% of my sources.

After 3 days, Mom finally talked to me about her abrupt decision, and her alleged real reason was as stupid as the one she first gave, but it was settled?

No, she decided to do it behind my back, and refused to talk about it when I found out.

She said that she doesn't expect to live until I graduate and she thinks I will focus better with incompetent strangers who sit on their phones taking care of my brother.

Mom admits that I may never be able to get him back.

I wanted to fix my car and give away several hundred dollars' worth of perfectly good lumber that I bought to build a dying lady a wheelchair ramp and my sister kept claiming that I was horrible for having [wheelchair ramp] wood in the back yard and blaming me for mice in the house, 40' from the wood piles.

I don't have any idea why, but the handyman dragged Mom's LED Christmas reindeer and my brother's newer and better bench into the backyard.

I was repeatedly blamed for that and my sister paid someone to haul off them.

His older and worse bench, which won't even support someone's weight, is still in front.

I brought down the old boards from the gate and the other boards I could.

My sister had them haul off the old toilets, vanities, and I am sure that he left behind other messes--and I had other things that I wanted to use, but why should I be able to fix her house?

Just throw away everything and pay someone $300 a day, plus materials!

We didn't just have those in the backyard!

My fiancée recommended driving up on Monday, but I don't have anything due.

I can drive up on Saturday.

I don't want to go the whole weekend without seeing her, but does it make sense to have a day trip with her and then drive up on my own on Sunday?

I don't know that we would be able to spend 7 hours there, but if we did, mathematically we would break even--except for gas and wear and tear on my car.

I plan on asking people from Church to help, promising breakfast, pizza, soda, hot chocolate, whatever for help.

Moving supplies will cost several hundred and I don't want a truck until Monday, but what am I going to do, make multiple trips in my car?

Park a 26' truck in front of my house for days--in front of a no parking sign?

Rent a van just to get the supplies home?

They advertise free delivery, but require 4 business days.

I have one.

They advertise next-day delivery, but I don't even know how much that would cost because they don't offer it.

Home Depot has a calculator, but some of the items they recommend aren't available for delivery and three aren't available at all.

I need to rent a dumpster and freebeard is as likely to pay for that as someone from my family.

Uhaul's calculator didn't include moving blankets and I tried to find something that I saw about hanging those over a door to block sound.
I am sure there endless opinions about the efficacy of that, but one page, which sells weighted door blankets, says to buy weighted door blankets.

I got the old LG phone to play white noise and it was 5 dB quieter with my weighted blanket on it, which isn't nearly enough.

I think that Dad left behind 6 bookcases full of books, plus many more in boxes.
I still want to hold onto those.

My brother left a room full of toys, although my brother had the garbage people haul off most of his stuffed animals, despite not seeing signs of mice.

All of us saw signs of mice in Mom's room and since she refuses to go through her stuff and says that she will let us go through it when she dies, but I am not holding onto it that long, what fits in the truck may come down, but I don't plan on filling the truck.

Nor do I plan on storing a room full of junk for the rest of her life.

I plan on donating or throwing away most of the stuff in the garage that isn't mine.

Will she even remember things that sat on a shelf for 5-20 years?

If we clear out the house, we can finally be finished with the mice, make critical repairs, clean, and sell the house.

Anyway, if I stack boxes of books against the wall, will they insulate from noise at least as well as a 2x6 wall with insulation and drywall?

Building a wall I will only use for 3 months definitely sounds safer.

I spent hours trying to write and summarize this.

It just doesn't seem like there are any good options, but the sooner we can stop worrying about the Show Low house, the better.

Last edited by Xist; 01-12-2024 at 02:12 AM..