View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
jomelmaldonado
Puerto Rican Hypermiler

Toyota Echo - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 41.71 mpg (US)
Hello again, I mounted it in my car today and it is working fine, after ironing out a kink. I knew that it was supposed to be set to PPM = (8000), also the Speed Signal was set to (VSS or Magnets); so I did that before making the first test run. The only problem I had was that when I pressed the set button, it over reacted and opened the throttle to much, immediately after, it canceled out. I tried a few times at different speeds and loads, but it kept doing the same. Then I changed the DIP Switch setting to Sensitivity (LOW) and it worked fine.

I tested it in flat roads and grade roads and it maintains a constant engine load. In the ScanGauge II, it was displaying very close to 52 MPG, it went up and down about 3 MPG. Also I was monitoring the TPS and Load with SGII and it wasn't jumping up and down erratically, instead, it was fairly smooth. I consider this very good for what it's calculations are doing and at the speed it has to perform the calculations and react to throttle position to compensate.

I am going to further test the car and will be posting my results. Also I will be making a block diagram and taking some more photos. I will put it in my album. I also included another Excel file that describes the theory of operation.

The important thing here is that instead of setting a Speed, know we can set MPG's to maintain it constant.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Theory.xls (37.5 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by jomelmaldonado; 10-25-2008 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: Add file