View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
kimer6
EcoModding Apprentice

I just installed the XFI regrind in my latest 92 Metro convertible. Stock gear ratio, 13" tires at 32psi, 8 degree cam advance, Mobile 1 synthetic ATF in my transaxle, seat of the pants ignition advance. With the top up and windows closed I used .78 gallons of fuel in 41.6 miles for 53.3 miles per gallon. I filled the gas right to the filler neck 1/2 inch above the flapper and shook the car to get any air out and repeated the procedure at the end of the trip. Top speed was 65mph for short periods and there were a few traffic lights before getting on the highways. Average speed was 60.

My previous best on the same trip was 44mpg stock with 90w gear oil in the trans. Only a long term average will show accurate results. But I am certain that I am using far less throttle opening and it has more torque at lower rpm. I will be trying Singh grooves in the head as soon as my gaskets and head bolts arrive. I like the feel of the XFI cam and really appreciate the fuel economy boost while I keep my same driving habits.