View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 06:22 PM   #1504 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,599 Times in 7,081 Posts
I saw this...

...so I looked up their phone number, gave them a call and talked to Rod Emory himself.

I mentioned when they were down the road from me in Eola Viilage (in the 1990s) and asked about my favorite car of all time (excepting maybe Ron Courtney's X-51) I saw in their barn back then.

It was a 1952 Beetle, with the cowl moved back and the doors and nose of a Superbeetle mounted in reverse. So it had suicide doors and a tulip panel that was the Superbeetle's original cowl; something like a Hebmuller, but with an MG-TD fold-down windshield. ...and big, round tail lights.

Apparently it was never completed, and scavenged for parts, but there is apparently a brown one in Canada.

edit:
Here's a better overview: Emory Motorsports Garage Tour — Home of the Outlaw Porsche (ft. @rodemory)

2nd edit:
Maybe I should start a Porsche thread?

Here's a young man who married into the Emory family, interviewed by the legendary Magnus Walker.

Lots of subtle detail -- lowered front valance and rocker panels, shaved drip rails, rounded corners on the deck lid....

Last edited by freebeard; 02-17-2024 at 12:58 AM..