View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 08:33 PM   #50 (permalink)
Andyinchville1
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6MustangFTW View Post
Hello all. Ive been a longtime lurker on the site but never really posted. Decided I'd try starting a thread on my most recent purchase. Its an 02 Volkswagen Jetta wagon with an auto transmission, 210,000 miles on the body and supposedly around 135,000 on the 2.0 engine. At the moment the only mod it has is lowering springs from the previous owner. Goal is to get as much MPG as possible as its going to be my new daily as well as being used for delivering. I'll try to update when I have time as I get some tank numbers and work on mods.
Cool ... I have a 2003 Wagon so I'll be watching this ...

FWIW - I do deliveries too and to get more space I took out the rear seats (lower and backs) , removed the retractable cargo cover, and removed the rear
cover for the spare ..... got a fair amount of extra room with that AND also a fairly substantial weight savings .... the car feels more nimble to boot ...

I would like to remove the side panels in the cargo area to see if I can just get a couple more inches width wise because with the panels in it may not fit large flat screen TVs that are sometimes needing to be delivered ( needs 40" width) .... I also want to remove the rear hatch plastics because I read that that is worth about 4 inches (the same big TVs need 66" length load area)....

If you remove the panels please document since I would like to do that too (i'm going to sound deaden too since my car runs about 95 DB at 68 MPH .... a little too loud for long drives so I loosley wear earplugs now).

Looking forward to your thread!
Andrew