Thread: 2019 Chevy BOLT
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
2019 Chevy BOLT

The original 'plan' was that, I'd be buying AeroStealth's BOLT this coming September.
He called to report that he could get a good deal on a Hyundai IONIQ 5 ( right now! ), so I did an electronic funds transfer last Monday ( $15,000 ). He made the down payment on the '5', and drove it home that day.
So, now I'm juggling activities, figuring how to get myself, one-way, to New Mexico, to take possession of the car, and drive it back to Texas.
John's been keeping a log on the BOLT in the 'garage' section of EcoModder.
I have a 'wind power' option through my electric co-op, and, other than a seldom road trip each year, will essentially be carbon-free for most of the year.
The car has a new, 'larger' battery, and my typical commute is 14-miles, round- trip commuting, now about 3-times / week.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The long-term goal is to fabricate an extremely light, composite monocoque, 1-wheel, full-stinger, gap-filled trailer with only 2-degrees freedom of movement, shooting for Cd 0.155 aerodynamic singularity, half the OEM drag, and negligible weight penalty. 300-miles / charge.
And that's on top of completing the 'Spirit' project at the A2 Wind Tunnel/ AeroDyne Wind Tunnel.

Last edited by aerohead; 03-09-2024 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: add data
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
ME_Andy (03-09-2024), redpoint5 (03-11-2024)