View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 03:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
Introducing my newest old car

I have been getting the local hardware store to deliver for me for the last few years. I usually get so much stuff that they are more than happy to deliver for me free. But times are changing and they started charging me for delivery. So instead of digging my old jeep out and getting it back on the road where it would start breaking down all the time again I figured I needed something better to haul junk with.

I got a 94 Chevy Astro Conversion Van 5500lb towing capacity and a nice fancy interior I might actually use to haul lots of people places instead of taking multiple cars.

With the towing capacity of it I can pretty much haul anything I need now. And it won't break down every week like my old jeep. I have put 400 miles on it driving it home and just driving it around today running the old gas out of it and managed 19mpg. When I got it there was 3/4 tank of really old gas in it so I drove it down to half a tank then filled it up. I just ran that tank of gas out of it today and filled up at 427 miles. It is already a hypermiler without even trying or even having a proper tune up and a couple of low tires

Plans so far are just to tune it up and get it as good as I can stock then do some minor work maybe like put 3.08 gears in it and lrr tires. I probably won't really drive it enough to bother with really trying to push the mileage on it, not counting road trips it probably won't get 1000 miles a year.