View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 12:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
ChopStix
Primer is still paint!

85 Chevy Pickup C10 - '85 Chevy C10

‘21 Compass Latitude - '21 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDiesel View Post
ChopStix... would you be able to refresh the pics or PM them? I know this is thread is many years old, and am assuming the pics expired or were deleted on the hosting site (photobucket?). I'm looking at an Astro and would be really happy with mpg results you were seeing and would be glad for any pics of what you found that worked for you. Thanks-
I apologize I didn’t see your post. The vans been gone for years. I never could hit 30mpg that others had claimed to get in a 4.3 Astro van. But also there were mods that could have pushed me over 27mpg that I never got to do on it. I did consistently get 27mpg everyday on the highway above 60 degrees outside. Removing the roof rack was 1mpg in any temperature. The biggest mpg gain was skinny LRR tires with 15x7 steel ralley rims and smooth hub caps. The spats and chin spoiler and air deflectors on the rear bumper was also worth my time as was booster springs to give it a slight hotrod rake (raised backend). These listed mods with mindful driving techniques will surprise you with good mpg gains. Plus these mods were cheap cost for what I got back from them.

Side skirts never proved themselves worthwhile.

Last edited by ChopStix; 03-16-2024 at 12:39 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChopStix For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-21-2024), freebeard (03-16-2024)