View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 12:04 PM   #847 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,342 Times in 4,746 Posts
' what happened '

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I’m just stating what happened. Windy app said 12 mph tail wind and was around 4000 feet elevation in the eastern Oregon high desert. Overinflated low rolling resistance tires. Completely flat wheel covers taped up with no brake cooler. Rear wheel skirts. Double side mirror removal. Tapered box cavity fins. 100 percent grill block. I was barely having to touch the throttle and half the time would take foot off throttle for a few seconds here and there.

I’ve stated before that sometimes under very low engine load at high speeds, my hybrid does its own weird lean burn mode a lot and uses EV mode a lot more and then lightly will turn the engine back on to charge the battery and propel the car

Overall trip I drove from Beaverton Oregon to Boise Idaho on one tank of gas and still had 150 miles left over of range in my tank
I'm not disputing what you experienced.
And the information you've shared today would have been very valuable as a preamble to your original reporting.
With enough 'conditions' ( caveats ) we have a chance to 'reconstruct' a specific event on paper, and see if we can obtain a 'fit', knowing attributions of specific features captured in other reportings.
* tank capacity
* total amount of fuel consumed
* total round-trip distance
* total air density spectra
* total wind spectra
* total elevational changes
* mods
* etc..