Thread: 2019 Chevy BOLT
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
little update

* I got insurance on the car.
* I managed to buy an electronic bus ticket online.
* I depart for New Mexico on Tuesday, late afternoon, on a 21.5-hour trip.
* AeroStealth will pick me up at the bus station Wednesday, early afternoon.
* I might have flown but our mass-transit system has no user protection from foul weather, between Denton and Dallas. And we've already had a supercell come by which tore up Frisco, Texas with softball-sized hail and an EF-0 tornado.
* I've struggled to get on electrifyamerica's charging system for 6-days straight, without any luck. If I can't, I'll be paying 25% higher rates for electricity on the road. The problem stems from leaving all my user names, PINs, and passwords, by accident, at the local Toyota dealership parts department a few years ago.
Electrifyamerica requires an email/Gmail account user name, and password, and It's been a struggle to navigate GOOGLE, as it's 100% AI, and zero human beings to assist ( Cricket wireless, and Samsung couldn't help), and I'm at the mercy of Google's robots.
* The BOLT has enough range to travel for the total solar eclipse. The greatest challenge will be the anticipated gridlock all over the a viewing area. Anyone going may be interested in the comet, which will also be visible in binoculars, not far from the sun, when the 'lights go out'. There will be 4-1/2-minutes of totality where I'm going, if the weather cooperates.
redpoint5 (03-21-2024)