Thread: 2019 Chevy BOLT
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
' overthinking'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
More likely you are overthinking the search process. Wife who is relatively computer illiterate has huge success with google while I tend to throw my devices at the wall because the precisely defined search string is too limited in scope and returns a null answer.
* I believe that to be the case.
* Whoever did the technical writing for the accepted Google ' password recovery' protocol, used language that I still do not comprehend.
* I think that when their AI uses the word 'recovery', it's actually 'talking' about a password 'reset.'
* The AI never 'reveals' the forgotten password, it's just going to allow for a 'new' password, if you throw the 6-digit verification code back at it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was able to purchase the bus ticket with my phone number, the original user name, and debit card info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* What worked for Greyhound, is a fail within electrifyamerica's app, when trying to set up an account.
* And the 'fail' there is also a function of 'password.'
* They accept the GMAIL user name, then ask for a 'password', without specifying whether they want the GMAIL password, or to create a new, electrifyamerica password ( when I try that, using their metrics, they refuse it [ three times in a row ] ).
* I'm gonna talk to a third party about it after lunch today.
I'll be able to get home from New Mexico without being an EA member, but it will cost me an extra 25% on each KWh.

Last edited by aerohead; 03-23-2024 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: typo