View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 04:26 PM   #919 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
What is the new economy car?

I'm eyeballing a 2018 Chevy Bolt that would be under $9,000 with the federal tax credit. That's not including the Colorado Credit yet, up to $4,000 off that.

But I'd rather put my money in a ROTH IRA for some reason, so maybe next time when I'm desperate for a car.

Anywho, I think we'll keep seeing this battle of the EV's take place which can suddenly make them depreciate greatly. I've seen a couple Tesla Model 3's now finally around $20,000 (I'm not sure if that's with the federal tax credit or not though). But it feels kind of like the tide rising on the beach with waves crashing in. The possibility of getting an EV recedes and supply recedes and demand and prices go up, then manufacturers get a bit carried away and start making too many and fewer people end up wanting them and supplies go up and demand and prices go down.

There's also a Nissan Leaf for $1,000 for sale here nearby. It only has 25 miles of range though, but maybe it would help save fuel for around town (but maybe I should just get my bike fixed and ride that around town. If only it would stop snowing.