View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM   #924 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
I hope my Avalon lasts until I die. I keep getting the feeling I'm going to be forced into buying a car that I absolutely hate. I hate the Trax with all my guts. It's a horrendous abomination of a vehicle. 3-cylinder turbo charged engine made by GM?! Really?! I can't wait to see how long that lasts. And the putrid 30mpg?! That'll put my fuel budget way over $200 a month right there. I might as well as spend the extra money on a hybrid.

But on the otherhand, now I'm currious what would happen if this thing were hypermiled. Throw a manifold pressure gauge in the cabin and never let it boost ever (Mitsubishi Mirage kind of acceleration). (Maybe hook up a pressure switch to the intake that shuts off the fuel pump and/or injector rail). Boat tail the thing (I mean, it's hideous already, so nothing to lose there).

At least it has a spare tire, apparently even has a tow rating and also apparently has a real transmission, not a CVT belt waiting to die. I wonder what the transmission controls are like.