Thread: 2019 Chevy BOLT
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 11:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,230 Times in 4,656 Posts
' gmail '

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
What is the problem? OK you lost your password book and are locked out of your gmail account. You can just create a new one. You aren't limited to only 1 Gmail account - I have 5. Create a new account and move on.

Once you have a new email account signing up for EA is easy. Name, phone number, email, and then create a NEW password for EA. (They aren't asking for your email password but you can use the same one if you want)

I recommend you sign up for one of the charging apps like Plug share or ABRP. Electrify America is fine but there are also about a dozen other charge networks out there that might have more convenient charge locations or better pricing. Your Bolt is capped at a 55 kW charge rate so even the older 50 kW chargers will work fine for you. If the Charger site has a mix of chargers try to be polite and use the low power ones instead of taking one of the 350 kW chargers that will still only charge your car at 55 kW.

When we had a total eclipse pass over Oregon about 5 years ago the news was going on and on about gridlocked traffic for a week ahead of time. It didn't happen. I drove an hour down to a Walmart in the path of totality and then drove back after. The trip was maybe 5 minutes longer each way.

It was funny to see the difference in attitude between people camped out the parking lot to watch the eclipse and just average customers. It seems a lot of people didn't know that the eclipse was even happening. There were people just going about their normal shopping. Even a few minutes before totality some people would just shrug and walk inside went told we were a few minutes from totality and it was something that wouldn't happen again for 50 years. Couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes out of their day.
*Since I never took my phone to town, I could never use my gmail, since GOOGLE was calling my phone at home, asking if my phone was being hacked in town.
* So I never used it. And I never missed it.
* Greyhound closed their Denton 'office' and the only way I could get to New Mexico was to buy my ticket online. ( now I 'needed' my gmail )
* I opened a second gmail account, but no one can conduct 'business' on a Cricket smart phone unless they use the original gmail account.
* Google AI does not do a ' recover your lost password'.
* Google only allows you to get a 'new' password.
* To get a new password, you must be at Google's website, plus in your text messages, simultaneously, to get a verification code
* I'd never done this, didn't know how, and couldn't 'talk' to Google's robots.
* Nothing at Google's website offered any 'solutions' that were germane to my needs.
* Giving my original gmail name, phone number, and debit card number was good enough to get an email ticket on my phone for Greyhound.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* To get home, I'd need an account with electrifyamerica, unless I wanted to get raped on pricing.
* I was able to get into EA's system without a gmail password, but when they requested a 'password' their 'robot's didn't explain whether I'd be giving them some password from somewhere else, or create a new EA password ( which after waiting a half hour on the phone, was told by a human, was the case ).
* And I got home, 743-miles, without a gmail password, but needed the password for the EA account one time, otherwise I would have been stranded in Midland, Texas.( none of the equipment functioned, nor the EA app on my phone ) A friendly voice in Indonesia was able to re-boot the hardware, and turn on the charging session remotely. All I had to do was plug in. ' High anxiety '.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consumer Cellular said all my phone trouble has to do with my phone, and I'll have to look into replacing it, now that I can't do much commerce of any kind without a smart phone. Certainly no road trips in an EV.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* I ' topped off' the car this morning at the local EA @ Walmart, capturing the last of the trip data. The APP worked perfectly for the 1st time. No explanation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To get to the 'eclipse' and back ( which may be clouded out ), I'll have to open half a dozen new charging accounts according to ABRP.
At least, now I know they'll all be asking for something I've created just for their APP. ( less anxiety )