View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 11:58 PM   #37 (permalink)
Green_Primus
EcoModding Lurker

I've had a dream project similar to this.. a velomobile (skinned recumbant) built for all seasons/ terrains.. Basically a recumbent reverse trike in a watertight shell, mid-drive ebike motor for torque, with option weather packages..
(Winter) ktrack style tracked rear wheel, with 3/4 ski front wheels, independently powered interior heater.
(Spring/Summer) straight Velomobile but with the mid-Drive motor allows for road speed)
(Fall) mix of above.. straight velomobile, with Heater package.

Now as I'd love to have the $$ to just buy all these parts.. diy might be the likely path to go..
So prototyping.. I already have a fat tire ebike.. and no welding experience.. but has anyone ever built a recumbent trike where a straight ebike just bolts on behind the seat onto the mounting points of the handle bars and the front wheel, and just running a chain from the front peddles to the mixed speed gear of the donor bike? And with a possible mid-drive upgrade using the other gear for non-hub based e-assist. I know it's far fetched.. but any constructive criticism?