View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
to_achu
EcoModding Lurker

We went with the promaster. It came down to a price/feature/reliability tradeoff.

Obviously a transit would have been ideal, but they are significantly more expensive. I mean you do "get what you pay for", but what we paid for should be more than good enough for our usage. We're only using our van recreationally and won't be putting more than 2-3k on it per year. With that level of use, the 2017 promaster with 75k that we bought will last us basically forever. We only paid $18.5k for it - a high roof transit in that price range would have had a lot more miles or other significant issues.

Same goes for the sprinter, with the added issue of maintenance. If anything did break, it would have cost a mint to fix. We can get the promaster repaired pretty much anywhere.

It wasn't a dealbreaker, but the promaster was also the easiest to drive. I mean none of them are arduous (I've driven plenty of larger vehicles), but the short OAL, FWD, and tight turning circle make the promaster downright pleasant to drive and maneuver, even in town.
The Following User Says Thank You to to_achu For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-15-2024)