View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 04:14 PM   #482 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,686 Times in 7,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Straw_man
Straw man - Wikipedia
Steelmanning. A steel man argument (or steelmanning) is the opposite of a straw man argument. Steelmanning is the practice of addressing the strongest form of the other person's argument, even if it is not the one they presented. Creating the strongest form of the opponent's argument may involve
Allow me to give your side my best shot.
Quote:
"The USofA is systemically racist and Wuhite Supermesist because...

The British outlawed the slave trade and possession from 1787. The USofA was perfected with the adaptation of it's Constitution in 1789, but didn't adopt the British attitude until after Bleeding Kansas.

Quote:
Bleeding Kansas
Violent political confrontations in the United States centered around slavery
Bleeding Kansas, Bloody Kansas, or the Border War was a series of violent civil confrontations in Kansas Territory, and to a lesser extent in western Missouri, between 1854 and 1859. It emerged from a political and ideological debate over the legality of slavery in the proposed state of Kansas. Wikipedia
Thomas Jefferson's insistence having a navy to suppress the Barbary Pirates was to stem the flow of White slaves, an obvious supremasist position.

QED."

Back ontopic: Episode 2451 at 30:13: NPR, and Wikipedia (the same Wikipedia I just quoted), are captured.

He continues with a list of the current ills, until 46:30 where he proposes joining the enemy. This is exactly what I did working for Symantec for nine years. Sitting in a $900 Aeron chair, with good dental benefits, making a median income first and only time in my life; but I got to help a new person every 15 minutes with their problems that Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer had caused.