View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 12:55 PM   #504 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,638 Times in 7,115 Posts
Quote:
It's pretty easy to distinguish between American "left" and "right."
I'll admit I have a problem here, as a Centrist. My problem goes back to 1976.
Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com › story › news › politics › 2020 › 11 › 03 › heres-why-republicans-red-and-democrats-blue › 6144842002
Here's why Republicans are 'red' and Democrats are 'blue' - USA TODAY
Nov 3, 2020 In 1976, NBC used its first on-air election map and the bulbs turned red to designate states won by Democratic nominee Jimmy Carter and blue to designate states won by Republican nominee Gerald ...
I've had to pause and remember each time someone says Red or Blue this or that. Being a proponent of Goethe's Theory of Color, it seems to me that since the opposite of blue is orange, the Red party should be the Orange party. Were there a third party, the Greens, then Blue vs Red would make sense to me.

Quote:
Theory of Colours
1810 book by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Theory of Colours is a book by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe about the poet's views on the nature of colours and how they are perceived by humans. It was published in German in 1810 and in English in 1840. The book contains detailed descriptions of phenomena such as coloured shadows, refraction, and chromatic aberration. The book is a successor to two short essays titled "Contributions to Optics". Wikipedia
Chromatic aberration isn't the only aberration going around.

edit:
Quote:
Much of the Left .... support a form of authoritarianism- US militarism as [Judge Dredd].
Authoritarian Left -- that would be the naught-seas. Currently instantiated as the Azov Battalion.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-27-2024 at 01:13 PM..