View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 03:20 PM   #509 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic View Post
Perhaps you didn't see or read the paragraph after that one? And, you expect me to decipher and counter all of freebeard's ~stuff?
I did, and it didn't address freebeard's comment with regards to what was wrong about it.

I'll give an example of how a good-faith person disagrees with someone. You quote the part you might disagree with;

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I've been thinking about what distinguishes Left and Right. It used to be anti-war and free speech vs lawn odor; but those qualifiers have been reversed.
It was the right that was against the Vietnam war, as evidenced by Republican senator Mark Hatfield's opposition, and it was Democratic president LBJ that massively escalated involvement. The left was the party concerned with law and order, as evidenced by Democrat McTough O'crimey, and the right was soft on crime as evidenced by Republican Givem Anotherchance (I got no Google results on that search).

Quote:
So I think it comes down to collective vs sovereign.
More fundamentally, it comes down to two of the Big Five traits in psychology of Neuroticism and Conscientiousness.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-27-2024 at 03:25 PM..