Thread: 2019 Chevy BOLT
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2024, 11:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,254 Times in 4,674 Posts
BOLT gets receiver hitch

Tomorrow, I've got an appointment at U-HAUL to get a receiver hitch installed. It's a real 'splurge' for me, but rains every few days leaves my place in a continuous mud pit. I'm not willing to throw my back out trying to do the contortions necessary for the install.
Their paperwork shows a 2" receiver, but I think it will turn out to be the 1-1/4".
Once I know, I can scratch my head about the all-aluminum cargo carrier at Harbor Freight Tools. I get a 15% member discount there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adding 28" of tail will get the car 'double-ended', and with skirts, belly cleanup, addition of diffuser, and wheel covers, I've got a shot at Cd 0.1993, according to the physics.
According to 'other's' research, this would generate about 25% range improvement at 65-mph, which is where I want to operate the car.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm supposed to be ignoring the car, and focusing on Spirit, but I'll probably dabble a bit.