Thread: 2019 Chevy BOLT
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2024, 10:16 AM   #44 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,254 Times in 4,674 Posts
2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Don't let them install anything but a 2". I don't even know why the smaller one is an option, because a 2" does everything the smaller one does, plus more.

I recently removed the 2" receiver from the company Mazda CX-5 that I installed a few years ago. Just 4 bolts holding it on. The Mazda was hauled off to auction and now I drive a personal vehicle for work, which is what I always should have done.
That's what they installed, so no adaptors required, and the cargo carrier will just 'plug in.'
The wheel arch surrounds had to be 'half' removed in order to remove the rear fascia, then the aluminum 'bumper'. And fascia had to be trimmed in order for the hitch to 'penetrate.'
It keeps 'storming', continues to remain wet, but I've made a little progress by letting ' the other guy' get involved.
On the second try, the 'local' Chevrolet dealer got me the correct front license plate bracket, which included all the attachment hardware and instructions. I had all the tools and correct drill size. It took about 15-minutes to clean, locate, drill, pop-rivet, attach, and add the two new plates, plus inspection sticker.
redpoint5 (05-23-2024)