View Single Post
Old 06-06-2024, 10:33 AM   #623 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,333 Times in 4,740 Posts
Re: redpoint5's #613 (permalink )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
Redpoint5 wasn't asking for the engineer's credentials. He was asking for a citation/source of the specific claim.

Unfortunately, a lot of the press materials for the Bolt's introduction have been scrubbed from Chevrolet's website, but multiple websites' articles from the time report that GM said one-pedal driving would add "about 5% range" in stop-and-go traffic. Using the Bolt's EPA range of 238 miles at introduction, that's 12 miles--not 40.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A) I did not mishear, nor misunderstand about BOLT regen and adding 40-miles of range to the 60-kWh car.
B) Josh Tavel was not mistaken about the quanta.
C) What redpoint5 'guarantees' is of no interest to me.
D) I'm limiting my interest specifically to the Chevrolet BOLT regen capability.
E) The regen quanta presented in redpoint5's 'Quote' are not germane to the metric by which the Chevrolet BOLT regen quanta were derived.
F) repoint5's 70-mph-to-zero regen quanta are not germane with respect to the metrics by which GM ascertained their Chevrolet BOLT regen quanta.
G) In '14)' , I gave the specific citation from which the data I shared originated.
H) ' stop-and-go traffic' regen is not germane to the metric by which GM experienced the quanta they shared.
I suspect that an internet search would reveal the Federal Test Procedure all automakers employ when quantifying the EPA COMBINED MPG data supplied for a specific vehicle, printed on the vehicle's Munroney sticker.