Thread: 2019 Chevy BOLT
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2024, 11:03 AM   #45 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,342 Times in 4,746 Posts
' Frugal ' operation = 330-miles range

I'm still sorting out the capabilities of the used BOLT, with the 'recall', 66-kWh pack.
Since I'm retired, I have some discretion available to me, as to 'when' I commute. By avoiding 'rush-hour' driving, and traffic, and by staying on secondary roads, and using AC judiciously, I'm currently experiencing 5-mi/Kwh, 330-miles range ( as per EPA's 100%-to-0% SOC testing metric ).
With 1.9581-gallons-e, and 330-miles range, that's 168.5-mpg-e, in mixed commuting.
This does not included charging efficiency, as the EPA does not factor it into their methodology.
CoServ, electric cooperative is my electric provider. I'm on their solar plan. They're part of Texas' largest 'Lapetas' solar farm, between Midland and Monahans, north of the interstate, and technically, I'm driving on solar energy, the whole point of having the BEV.
I haven't bought gasoline since April 22, and Spirit's been parked since the 23rd.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've managed to 'replace' the low-water crossing in my driveway with a 'flat-topped' culvert, which will protect my future underbody aero mods.
When I finish the community park and trail maintenance, I'll attack the concrete floor project for the 'shed.'
Then 'Spirit's' repairs and mods.
Then A2 Wind Tunnel ( maybe Aerodyne also for comparison ).
Then I can 'begin' on the BOLT.
'George Soros' has been very generous to me, and it may help 'accelerate' progress.

Last edited by aerohead; 07-03-2024 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: add data
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (07-03-2024)