Thread: Car #10
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2024, 02:21 PM   #72 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
I spent $88 on one floormat.

All that I have done with this car was drive, gas, get an occasional oil change, and try to clean up after my family, which keeps spilling red drinks in the back seat.

I keep having a frustrating day and deciding to buy 79¢ Frosters from Circle K.

I guess that I can say "Let's get sparkling water, you pick!" but I just realized that if I bought insulated cups, they shouldn't spill when dropped.

Apparently, a classmate bought one for $80.

Eight-eight dollars is far too much for a floormat for a 20-year-old car with hundreds of thousands of miles, but what is the right price for a cup?!

Anyway, I bought it, it fits, and if both Mom and my brother drop their drinks on the same side, it should contain it.

If I drive a Camry of this generation for 10 years, then at least I will get a lot of use out of it.

I made an effort to clean my original rear carpet floormats, but I don't think that I have ever fully cleaned the car.

I will have a spill in one area and clean it.

I vacuumed the car when I passed my classes and treated myself to a drive-through carwash.

I don't know that I have cleaned all of the upholstery, though.

Probably not, I continue to defer maintenance.

Yeah, I keep planning on doing that once I have Mom's house cleared out.

The floor on the other side, where nobody has spilled anything [recently] still has spots, so I will try to make a few minutes to quickly clean.

Anyway, I bought blue Dawn and hydrogen peroxide from Walmart, and poured them and just enough water in my water heater to cover the mats, soaked them, hung them to dry inside the can, soaked them in my bathtub, and scrubbed each for one minute.

There are still stains, but they are definitely cleaner.

I brought in the water heater, dumped it in the bathtub, and am soaking the front mats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PnpYJmh.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	34896