View Single Post
Old 07-24-2024, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,187 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchitas View Post
i will agree and like you said 60 foot is pretty good comparison in terms of acceleration.
i will disagree with quarter mile in a sub 200 horsepower car its not really good comparison i mean the first 120 km for sub200 you might seen good numbers but 120-2xx km pretty much every 'underpowered' just loses this fast "momentium" rarely i seen a underpowered having a 100-200 km time under 10 secs yea drivers matters and tranmission but i believe is more important a good acceleration from 40-140km for a fun good handling car then you looking at high power car now back in my question i found out they use bigger tires in rear for better traction same with some front wheel drive cars im still wondering if i can any information about suspension setup (damping,height,...) but thanks
The 1/4 mile has been the benchmark for measuring acceleration for 75+ years now. I would say the 1/8 mile is an acceptable substitute but there can be some one trick ponys to game the 1/8 mile. The 60 foot times will be included in the 1/8 or the 1/4 mile, but a time to speed like 0-60mph or 0-100mph is hard to accurately measure by comparison, especially 70 years ago. Time to distance is easy to measure down to a thousandth of a second. Plus a time to distance can be done as a race, where time to speed is hard to judge as a race.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
freebeard (07-24-2024)