View Single Post
Old 08-02-2024, 12:48 PM   #380 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD

Pacifica Hybrid - '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
90 day: 85.85 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,460 Times in 3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Not that I don't care for aerodynamics at all. A few weeks ago I was even talking about it with a man who might be around my father's age, as we noticed a grey-import late-model Toyota Sienna across the street. Quite oversized for my standards (white Brazilian from the early-'90s who grew up surrounded by all sort of econoboxes, mostly with 1.0L engines and manual transmissions, and even the trucks tended to be smaller back in the day), but the aerodynamics seem to be quite good for such a large car.
All Sienna's are hybrid in the US now, so it was on my list of candidate vehicles. The problem here is they retain their value on the used market, so I could get a 3 year old Sienna for $40k, or a Pacifica plug-in hybrid for $20k.

I went with the Pacifica. I'd consider simple aero mods for it. I'll be installing a hitch, so that could serve as the mounting point for the mod. As I'm always mentioning, it should be a simple matter to construct a cargo carrier that improves the aerodynamic shape.

That's my million dollar idea for the week; a company that makes model specific cargo carriers that improve aerodynamics.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!