View Single Post
Old 08-05-2024, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,342 Times in 4,746 Posts
' think '

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kbug View Post
the government approved my rebuild title for my dodge and I got the plate for it yesterday. Today is the first day ive driven it to work in 9 months.
The truck was my daily driver until i got rear ended. The rear bumper was destroyed, frame was bent, bed dented and the bed hit the cab and dented that too.
Before i generally seen 18-22 mpg during warm months. Best mpg i got was 23 mpg. V6 2wd auto 2003 263,xxx miles

Do you think i will see any improvements in fuel mileage now that it is lowered about 4 to 5 inches?
We have laboratory evidence for at least one vehicle that demonstrated 'zero' drag reduction from 'lowering', the 1999- Audi A2.
There's a dearth of data afforded to us on the effects of lowering, making any generalities 'risky.'
Whatever the width of your tires, exposed to the airstream, you've reduced that value by that total width, in inches, times 4-5-inches in height, divided by 144-sq-inches/square-foot, subtracted from the OEM frontal projected area; 'typically' something which would 'reduce' overall drag.
The caveat is that, the Dakota could also be an 'outlier' like the Audi.
Any mpg 'improvement', compared toy our 'baseline', if experienced, would be attributed to lowering.