View Single Post
Old 08-12-2024, 01:56 PM   #389 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Seems reasonable to me.

I find the limiting factor usually comes down to a road that gets plowed, or one that doesn't. The times when a couple inches more clearance are useful in snow are rare, because snow rarely falls precisely within that narrow tolerance.
During a snow storm at timberline on mount hood, they can plow the parking lot and then you park and go ride for a few hours and then 6-8 new inches of snow has fallen and sometimes you gotta use a snow shovel to create a path or have people help push you thru the deep snow to get to the plowed road. It’s happened multiple times in my ioniq. Or when I was in flagstaff Arizona in February during a snow storm, it was actively snowing nonstop for 2 days and only the main highways were being plowed but some of the back roads weren’t being plowed as frequently so there were a few sections following my gps where I had a little bit of float but snow tires and momentum helped me

The biggest ground clearance concern has been dirt roads. Every other tall suv will flatten rocks and vegetation where the tire marks are are no issue, but the middle line will sometimes have taller rocks or tall grass and vegetation that just scraped my whole middle exhaust section
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phase For This Useful Post:
JSH (08-12-2024), redpoint5 (08-12-2024)