View Single Post
Old 08-15-2024, 10:42 AM   #1565 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,324 Times in 4,732 Posts
' Medieval Warm Period '

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Zero Hedge: MSM Absent In Reporting "Dozens Of Night Time Low Temp Records" Across US

How did we get through the Medieval Warming Period without air conditioning?
When you posted this one, my memory triggered something about how controversial the MWP was, and finding my notes, I found that:
1) The MWP was discredited, and considered a failed notion, around 2005; according to PhD Mark Bowen, who had accompanied PhD Lonnie Thompson on his high-altitude ice-core missions around the globe, discovering the data which would destroy the MWP hypothesis.
2) The MWP turned out to be only a 'regional phenomena', mainly restricted to Northern Europe, the Andes Mountains, and a few other isolated regions. The rest of the planet was unaffected, with some regions actually 'cooling' at the same time.
3) The American Petroleum Institute underwrote Sallie Baliunas, Willie Soon, and others, around 2003, to champion the Steller- Radiance variability driver for the Medieval Warm Period hypothesis, in hope of deflecting attention away from the true causation for climate change.
4) The 'science' ultimately proved the fallacy of both the so-called 'Warming' itself, plus the 'bogus' mechanism responsible for its origin.
freebeard (08-15-2024)