View Single Post
Old 08-19-2024, 02:10 AM   #51 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,818 Times in 7,275 Posts
Quote:
But Windows on ARM still needs to emulate x86 Windows apps, high level language or not. And MacOS on the new M series (ARM based) chips also needs to emulate x86 MacOS apps, high language or not. And Linux faces the same challenges. There's no getting around it.
Sounds to me like a fool's errand wild goose chase. Do you know about Windows 11 and Recall? Do you follow JCristna? He got lawfare for telling people how to successfully unsubscribe from the Adobe products (and now the DOJ is on their tail).

Here he is on Windows. At least listen to the intro and outro to see how serious the situation is.

Fedora 40 sounds interesting, I might try it on my new Raspberry Pi.

If you don't understand the problem, here's Richard Stallman: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman#Surveillance_resistance
Quote:
He refers to mobile phones as "portable surveillance and tracking devices",[106] refusing to own a cell phone due to the lack of phones running entirely on free software.[107] He also avoids using a key card to enter his office building[108] since key card systems track each location and time that someone enters the building using a card. He usually does not browse the web directly from his personal computer. Instead, he uses GNU Womb's grab-url-from-mail utility, an email-based proxy which downloads the webpage content and then emails it to the user.[109][110] More recently, he stated that he accesses all websites via Tor, except for Wikipedia (which generally disallows editing from Tor unless users have an IP block exemption).[111][112]

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (08-19-2024)