View Single Post
Old 08-24-2024, 11:53 AM   #1604 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,324 Times in 4,732 Posts
' energy.... temperature...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I didn't dig deeper, mostly because I believe it's either fake news, or well established news.

If I had to guess, my assumption is the fact that it takes an increasing amount of energy to maintain an increased temperature, not that it has anything to do with a particular property of CO2 concentration. That alone accounts for a non-linear effect.
1) The 'amount' of ultraviolet radiation we receive from the Sun is the source of the energy budget Climate scientists use when considering climate change.
2) This amount of solar energy hasn't changed since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.
3) It's the 'greenhouse effect' that has changed.
4) With more greenhouse gases in the Troposphere, long-wave infrared radiation, converted from solar UV radiation striking the Earth's surface ( which used to radiate back into space) cannot radiate back to space, because of the 'greenhouse effect.'
5) 'Non-linearity' has to do with self-reinforcing feedback loops, associated with a warming planet.
6) Venus is 'hotter' than Mercury, even though Mercury is closest to the Sun. If you examine Mercury's exospheric chemistry to that of Venus' atmosphere, you'll find the explanation.