View Single Post
Old 08-26-2024, 11:26 AM   #1607 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,324 Times in 4,732 Posts
' man's fire '... entire planet's what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Okay, let's consider it. ...man's annual 'fire',,, Includes what, obvs internal and external combustion. Rust? Respiration and f*rts from herd animals? Leftist's arson?

Entire planet's what? Surface area? Land area? Fires from natural causes like lightning?

1.7X. is that 170% or 17,000%?

For me it's an argument for prieta terra, everywhere and all the time.
1) I'm limiting my discussion to carbon dioxide produced by man's combustion of fossil fuels of all stripes. Nothing else.
2) I wrote that man's fire was 1.7-times the size of the entire surface of Earth. That's exactly what I meant.
3) Anthropogenic carbon dioxide production from fossil fuels has been compared to 'world forest equivalent' ( WFE ) units of measure.
4) If you take the surface area of all the world's forests combined, this represents one WFE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5) If you covered the entire surface of the Earth with 100-year-old Oak trees ( land, deserts, canyons, hills, mountains, volcanos, lakes, rivers, glaciers, sea ice, oceans, and polar ice caps ), so, all you could see from space was Oak forest, then set it all blaze each year, the amount of carbon dioxide produced would represent about 59% of what's released every year by humans burning fossil fuels ( oil, coal, natural gas ).
6) If you burn the Earth, plus 70% of a second Earth, each year, then you will have produced the same amount of carbon dioxide equal to what humans put into the atmosphere every year.
7) The area of an oak forest with an area equal to 1.7 Earth surface areas, is equal to the number of WFE equivalencies we burn each year.

Last edited by aerohead; 08-26-2024 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: add data
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
freebeard (08-26-2024)