View Single Post
Old 09-02-2024, 07:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Logic
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
That's still fairly popular for trucks in my country, yet I have never seen any evaporative cooler plumbed into the vent system on the firewall. Usually it's installed on a roof-mounted structure with its own vents, as the incoming air tends to go down right after going through the humidifier.
There was or maybe still is a kit being sold locally, but I only ever heard of it.

But Piezoelectric or so called Ultra-Sonic pond misters are a dime a dozen and very compact vs all that sawdust or paper normally used.
They give you an unparalleled surface area for evaporation.
And should easily fit into the interior air's intake, located near the wiper area of most all cars and already equipped with a water overflow/rain drain pipe.

You could maintain the water level using the same simple principle used in bird water feeders if your tank is higher than your mister's little bath.
Else a water level switch to start/stop a small pump.
A windscreen washer pump is overkill but would work, especially if you made your existing washer setup do double duty...

I used a mister to cool the radiator on my overclocked computer very successfully:
15C below ambient at times and NO chance of condensation on/around the processor.