View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
What Does a Chevy Volt Sound Like?

About 3 months ago I read an online newspaper article that was critical of EV's regarding them making no noise and being a danger to other motorists, pedestrians, etc. Today, I received an article from my Chevy Volt newsletter addressing the "noise" a Volt will make while operating. If Chevy is at the point in production that they can tinker with the "sound" the car makes I hope this is good news that the bulk of pre-production is near-completion and they are still on track for release in 2010.

Interesting further down in the article that Frank Weber (a GM rep) even addresses the sound a Volt will make in relation to alerting "blind" people that may walk near its path. He calls it a "pedestrian friendly alert." On a side note, for a company that just asked the government today to kick in 10 billion to help with the Chrysler merger I hope they aren't wasting any of it into the "sound" a Volt makes!

One of the highlights of reading these articles in scrolling down to read the user comments after the article. Some of them make great points...others are just plain funny!

Here's the link...

GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site » Blog Archive » The Sound of the Chevy Volt