View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
DistortedKarl
I know a guy.

Electric Motorcycle conversion?

Hello to everyone, Im new here and i caught the EV bug. Like many other Im looking to build a electric motorcycle and still in the planning stages. I've been studying Ben Nelson Electric motorcycle conversion closely and find my self looking to do the same. My goal is 45 mph, and my commute to work is about 25 miles round trip. Looking to do a 48 volt conversion with the E-tek R motor and the Alltrax 4834. For batteries Im looking at using Deka Solar batteries or maybe the Optima Yellow top Batteries, but Got connections where i could get the new deka batteries for cheaper then there list price(I know a guy). Recharging the batteries i would use the deka 12v 2.5 amp chargers for each batteries. For the Accessory lights i would use another battery instead of a DC to DC converter. I have so many questions on EV's, like getting it registered and insurance? Right know my biggest problem is figuring out which type of broken motorcycle to use.

Any suggestions are welcomed - They only way you learn is from the those who have been there.

Thanks, Seven(nickname)