View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
So it looks like this was a pretty good choice for the purpose I got it for. I have driven it 250 miles away to pick up a 16' car hauler and on the way there I got 21mpg and 18mpg on the way back. Today I drove it 150 miles round trip to pick up a motorcycle for a friend using a 5x8 trailer.

So I can beat EPA on it pretty easily and for the amount of use it will get that is really good enough for most people. To bad I am not most people

Not really sure what direction to go with this thing. I can't really do a grille block since it has a stock 4l60 trans and it needs all the air it can get across the 2 transmission coolers I will be putting on it shortly. So a permanent grille block is out. Wheel skirts are possible but with the tight gaps on the wheel wells they probably won't be much help. It seems like a perfect candidate for airtabs but so far nobody has shown them to be worthwhile. It already has a pretty low airdam and side skirts on it.

After driving it for a little while my current plans so far are minor. The tires are in good shape but are only rated for 36psi and it feels like it is floating at speed, 44 or 51psi tires will fix that and probably have lower rolling resistance. I will be changing to synthetic fluids and add a torque converter lockup indicator light. Changing rear end gears might not be good because it will end up killing the transmission from towing probably. Other than that I have no real plans for mods yet. Mostly I don't really think it will matter much since all the mods in the world won't help when it is towing a trailer with a car, tractor, or 6 atvs on the back, but I will still try them and see what I can get