View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Peakster
Master EcoModder

Red Jeep Patriot - '07 Jeep Patriot
90 day: 25.14 mpg (US)

Beige Ford Ranger - '95 Ford Ranger XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenKreton View Post
Houston, TX, which is a city with 8 million people (including those under the driving age) and almost 7 million cars (!).
Holy crap!

Quote:
My biggest problem was to go grocery shopping I needed to go with my roommate because it is hard to carry many groceries on a bicycle, especially without a rack on it. How do you plan on going grocery shopping?
There is actually 3 major grocery stores to choose from near my house (I live so close to 'big-box' central, I used to be able to see all the stores out my kitchen window. Not so much now that they've developed houses/condos behind us) so it's very walkable/bikeable. Also, the entire city is only 46 square miles in area.

As a matter of fact, my house scored 37/100 on www.walkscore.com which isn't too bad for suburbia. Check out the website. It's very valuable in finding services where you live.

Quote:
Do you plan on making the vlog solely in this thread or on some other website?
Definitely my focus will be this website's forum and blog since this is where my idea originated from.

Quote:
I will be attempting to be completely car free again this summer, if my situation deems it possible. So I will be right there next to you I hope !
Sounds fantastic! What are some obstacles for going car-free during the winter months in Texas?