View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bullyveldt
EcoModding Lurker

Burban - '95 Chevrolet Suburban 2500
90 day: 12.81 mpg (US)

Swift - '98 Suzuki Swift
90 day: 40.53 mpg (US)
Coming from Northern Ontario anywhere here is close. I am in Conception Bay South, Kelligrews area, 2 min walk to the ocean. I love it it's great. One of the perks of the military posting us every 4-5 yrs. I work in St John's so it's a 40km commute. Hence finding the Swift and this site

the Impala was using about 20 dollars a day in premium to do that commute and the Suburban was using about 15. So now the Swift uses about 5 and I hope to drop it as much as I can. Been reading your mods well before joining the site and trying to get ideas. I don't have the sipping little 3 cyl, I have the big block 4 banger grrrr...

I have been to many areas of Nfld now, down the burin penisula, all over the Avalon, I do lots of exploring. I did the same when I was in Alberta and when I was posted in Borden, near Barrie, so not too far from yourself. Yup I must say the hiking here is incredible. Best I have ever experianced and I have been to the rockies. Something about water right close that does it for me, guess that happens when you grow up on Lake superior.