View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
bobstad
Art is the means whereby.

poet laureate of fordfestiva.com?

I'm "bobstad" there too, "afterlife" from Burgess Howell's old Yahoo! Festiva website group; and Howl he did once I'd recommended STILKO's tp oil filters.(is Burgess really a NASA guy?)

my '91 "the FestivaL car" has been in my hands since June of '99 when discovered atop my heavily modified '73 Windsor Carrera Sport 10-speed.(exact same model as purchased new here in B'ham while working a 90 day student temporary gig getting my B. A. at The Evergreen State College south of here in Olympia, WA, found in the Eureka, CA flea market for $20 after a French Ballis I got at Urban Ore in Berkeley for $2 frame only was stolen in Eureka I fixed up and stupidly locked to a barbed wire fence someone cut with some vice-grips probably...the Fairhaven Windsor suffered someone who'd borrowed it to work as a dishwasher at an Ojai, CA restaurant in a bowling alley, being run over by someone in a four wheel drive pick-up who didn't like him I salvaged a few parts off of which ended up on a Raleigh Colt 3-speed I got just as I got onto disability/SSI[due to ramification of spinal diseases earlier in life] early in '85 left on a ranch inadvertently near Owhi Lake east of Nespelum, WA on the Confederated Colville Tribes Nation, I'd retrieved after a Wovoca there was murdered not long after that fall of '89 I guess must've enjoyed the Raleigh a short while whose death I learned of via the Jan 6th, '91 WENATCHEE WORLD the same issue they'd published my letter they'd titled from a sentence of mine HOMELESS ARE THE TRUE LEADERS in protest of the upcoming war with Iraq)

I've discovered this place via a thread at Ford Festiva DOT com I've recently introduced in their "General" topic discussion forum, about mileage claims for the car I'd disputed as grossly inaccurate due to the apparent manufacture of the car for 13" rims Ford sold with 12s. I'm still a little hazy, but I multiply times 1.03 with 155R80-13 tires to get my gas mileage figures while someone there who'd referred to this website says 1.077 would be more accurate I think I will have to prepare myself to dispute if my hunch is correct: Though on list of things to do; around having a beer with Howell on the moon.

Hey, is the star and crescent of the Muslim faith to represent a celestial body about to collide with the earth? I distributed 10,000 copies of the Communist Party USA's public consumption paper the PEOPLES WEEKLY WORLD in Eureka, Arcata and McKinleyville, CA in 2003 & 2004, and joined the party in Berkeley in '94 where I was mentored by the late Jim Moore who passed away just into triple figures a few years ago now; and in a PWW issue just prior to the 9/11/01 attack on the World Trade Towers, Pentagon, etc. there'd been a letter to the editor from Muslim who'd said there was common cause between people of that faith and Communists due to the vast poverty of this quarter of the world's population: And the only worthy purpose ultimately I see for the past five millennia of mostly technological development of the human potential at the expense of just about every other attribute of our species would be to prevent some thing nasty from[me too!] outer space slamming into terra firma?(I'm a fan of Georges Ohsawa's take on the human potential, founder and theorist of the modern Macrobiotic movement; so befuddled in the liberal veneer of the reactionary political dominance of this country which is said to be pretty hip in Europe-which I'd had a chance to taste when hanging out with newlyweds the winter of '90-'91 when a friend snagged a wife from The Hague in Amsterdam named Tineke' who got me hip to cooking technique while pissing off hubby flirting with me gregariously finally, we've all not too well put behind us; I'd begun the study of yoga in '73 thanks to a love affair then of five months with another Tina, Blade out of Mount Vernon, WA near here where her Pop Walter still owns BLADE CHEVROLET so that the Festiva sports a "genuine Chevrolet parts" sticker on the hatchback window and the chrome bow-tie from the '75 van where the Ford's blue plastic grille insert used to be; which I'd been trying to fix up to live out of whose motor unexpectedly thru a rod just after a late night stop at a Eureka Mom & Pop to stretch my legs coming up from the east bay to check a post office box in Wenatchee, so that I got stranded there April of '96 and moved here to Bellingham last February after a hostile eviction drama via new owners of my apartment I'd been in since just after I'd gotten the Festiva I'd saved the money to buy thanks to breaking up with a woman my age whose beloved single sibling a sister a year older with two teen daughters died in an Orange county car wreck...my second big five month affair with Cynde' Gehman["as in German"] who I'd run into at her day gig as a legal secretary in the three county area's sole low-income good guys legal aide office[and got to know facing another eviction we'd resolved amicably enough except I got stiffed for my deposit when I moved out a few months later by the biggest slum lords in town] who is a local performance artist and self-described "theatrical person" she says I don't understand about her?)

I'm currently romantically involved for the duration with F__d(aka S___h) S______n-Z____r; self-described "anarcho-syndicalist, professional community and labor organizer, aspiring accordionist and trained puppeteer I met volunteering in the Eureka-Arcata Tenant's Union early in 2004 now working for the SEIU in Frisco.("?)

Here is a good thread I've recently made a post at: <http://theicarusproject.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11100&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=15>

Nice to meet you all!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	410522-R1-012-4A_004.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	2050   Click image for larger version

Name:	410522-R1-058-27A_027.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2051   Click image for larger version

Name:	410522-R1-064-30A_030.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	2052   Click image for larger version

Name:	410522-R1-056-26A_026.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2053   Click image for larger version

Name:	410522-R1-018-7A_007.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2054  

Last edited by bobstad; 02-07-2009 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: clarity, typo, humor, senility(?)