View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Cameras for Mirrors

It has been discussed before that in some states if not most it is illegal to replace your mirrors for cameras, despite some obvious benefits.

Now in the case of my 4-runner, mirror deletes would save me more than 3mpg as I have seen with my scangauge. I get a 2mpg boost when I simply fold them in.

That got me thinking. These things are huge on the 4-runner, why not install cameras on the edge of the mirror so they work when folded in?

Yeah its a gray area in the law, but I would technically not be breaking the law because if the cop wants to be a prick I simply fold them out until he leaves then fold them right back in and continue using my cameras. If I wanted to get really fancy I can replace the glass with 2 way mirrored plexi and mount the screens inside the mirror itself which would be easy to see when they were folded in.

Infact with a little fiberglass work I could even improve the profile of the mirror when folded without disturbing its folded out use.

What do you guys think? I love flirting with trouble.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???