View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
I hope your troubles aren't in the tank. I'm lucky that the earlier Cherokees have the pump accessible without dropping the tank. I know on my Grand Cherokee, if I ever have fuel pump isses, I'm cutting a hole in the floorso I don't have to drop the tank, and then seal the hole with some sheetmetal and RTV.

I'll admit its intimidating to drop the tank, but I've dropped tanks on a few vehicles. And of course, they are always full. It all comes down to what you are comfortable with. Not everyone should do this.

I forgot to add a pic of the little chunk of fuel line.

Yes, this is the culprit to my troubles.

Anyway, to finish this tale, the Cherokee was turned back over to my daughter this weekend. I drove it all last week with no issues, and my daughter drove it all weekend. Last night she took it back to college with her and it managed the 2.5 hour drive very nicely. I think the Jeep is running a little cool so I'm going to replace the thermostat over XMas break. I'm not sure it makes it to closed loop. My daughter will be monitoring its mileage...

Now, back to my own Grand Cherokee. I already moved from 30" to 31" tires, and will be adding a 2" lift very soon. I'm hoping to not lose much in mileage. But we'll see.