View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
wdb
lurker's apprentice

PlainJane - '12 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD Access Cab
90 day: 20.98 mpg (US)
Thanks everyone for all the interest in my first post to this forum. My omnibus reply to various questions follows.

You can't see my pictures? Funny, I see them...

Beatrush markets the piece to racing enthusiasts as an aerodynamic aid, NOT as a skidplate. It's quite sturdy; mine has survived a few roadkill hits with no damage. But it's not sturdy enough to protect against, say, flying through the air and landing on a rock.

"Beatrush" is a trade name for a Japanese company called Laile. They make lots of stuff including undertrays for other cars. Here is a link to their English language website.

Interesting comments about the VW pieces - the Fit has an aluminum oil pan as well! I had not considered that aspect of it. This panel definitely adds a significant measure of protection under most normal circumstances.

Sure you can make one cheaper than you can buy one. But while a few people might be handy enough to make their own, a lot more people might not be, and still might want to benefit from having one. At $170 I suspect the Beatrush piece is considerably cheaper than a custom-made one, making it a worthy option for those of us who were not blessed with quite as many handyman genes.

Here is the text from the Kamispeed site:
Quote:
With year of experience in motor sports, Laile; which manufactures, brands, and operates Beatrush; has collected sufficient data information on the tracks of Japan to produce high quality and functional products. Located in Yokohama, Japan; Laile manufactures most of their product's brands like Beatrush and Arpsports with their high precision machinery. All the unique products developed by Laile offers superior safety and plenty of pleasure both in track and the street, as well to look at.

•Fits 07-up Honda Fit stock bumpers and most after market bumpers
•Air turbulence is significantly reduced, producing a more stable ride at higher speeds and increasing down force by creating higher suction pressures between the panel and road.
•Engine temperatures are reduced and stabilized by removing heat from the engine compartment with specialized slits made to draw out hot air while the vehicle is in motion. This is successfully achieved during the creation of down force, as this negative pressure sucks out the heat and is then swooped out by colder air moving underneath.
•Provides greater protection under the engine than stock plastic panels during heavy track or circuit racing competitions.
•Track tested & developed by Beatrush, Japan.