View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Herring View Post
After getting my mpg's to 33% over epa I also wanted to try to decrease my overall fuel consumption. So, I decided I would try to limit my consumption to 22 gallons a month. My Toyota 4runner can hold about 22 gallons max so each trip to the gas station I fill it completely (as you can tell from my fuel log).

In June I purchased a 50cc scooter to try to meet my consumption goal but came up short (by 8 days three different times). Now, I'm closing in on my goal! My last fillup was October 10th and with 12 days to go my 4runner fuel gauge says I have 175 miles of gas left. 120 of those miles will be consumed with commutes to work so the final 55 miles has to be rationed over the next two weeks. How great would it be to only fill up once a month!?!
Update...

Made it 30 days on one tank...and had about a gallon left in the tank! Didn't want to push the fuel injectors too far just to go another day or two without filling up.

Moral of the story...$43 in fuel for 30 days! And, the last time I filled up on Oct. 10 gas was at $3.11...on Nov. 10 gas was $2.19. For once, gas prices worked in my favor!
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Herring For This Useful Post:
TDFbound (11-25-2018)