View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobstad View Post
For the site here; I do wonder at the 1.077 factor recommended I multiply by to get an accurate odometer/speedometer reading? I'm already about 2 mph shy of reality at an indicated 70 mph, so definitely with the just exchanged TOYO SPECTRUM 155R80-13 tires the data given here is not accurate.

What is wild about that is that two parties at the fordfestivaDOTcom web site in a recent discussion which yielded a link to this web site, posting to my thread, both with GPS insisted their very different tires gave perfectly accurate figures on their speedometer/odometer; which since there are no alternate toothed speedometer gears or any such mods available seems impossible?(one person had 175R70-13 tires and the other the stock 155R80-12 size)

Anyway, to each their own, and perhaps I will find a more kindred soul than my previous commentor? If not I don't mind agreeing to disagree, but respect your right to speak your mind, deficient and corrupted by inanity as that may be?(lol...cars should all be driven by at least a dozen clowns at a time and never be any larger than a 500cc FIAT TOPOLINO!!!)
Impressions are the first thing I have a tendency to screw up, as a result, I have a tendency to screw up first impressions in gargantuan fashion. My apologies if I have offended you, I just disagree with much that you stated and had difficulty following the post. Again I am sorry.

On to the matter at hand: Have you verified this discrepancy with a satellite program such as: Google earth? If so, there is not much that you can adjust in the order of speedometer cable and gearing. If you have changed your tires, may I suggest this: Tire Size Calculation Tool. Granted this tool does not adjust for PSI changes, I would be lead to assume the PSI is the sidewall maximum recommended for that size tire. Good luck in your searching, and forgive me for being a presumptuous, pompous ass.